The Catalog for the University of Mount Olive states the following concerning terms of payment:
"All tuition and fees for the entire semester are due prior to the
start of class. Any accounts not paid as specified may be charged at the
interest rate of 12% per annum on any unpaid balance. Situations which
deserve special consideration should be discussed with the Business
Office prior to the first day of class. "
Students who are no
longer enrolled and have a balance remaining on their accounts will
become the responsibility of the Collections Manager. There is a
very strict policy regarding requests from students in this category for
diplomas and/or transcripts. Under no circumstances will these requests
be honored until the account is paid in full.
The procedures for collection of these accounts are as follows:
A letter will be sent to the student as soon as the Business Office is
made aware that the student is no longer enrolled. This student will
have an "Account Not Paid" stop placed on their account and will be sent
three notification letters by mail.
Letters one through three will specify:
- The amount owed on the student's account.
- That the account should be paid in full within thirty days of the date of the letter.
That if it is not possible to pay the account within thirty days, the
student should contact the Collections Manager to set up a monthly
- That interest at 12% per annum will begin to
accrue and be added to the student's account in the month after they
cease being an active student.
2. If the student fails to respond
to the third letter (after 30 days) then the account will be sent to
3. Additionally, if a student agrees to a payment plan with the university, and then misses three consecutive payments on the plan, the account will be automatically forwarded to one of the four outside collections agencies below.
- Ms. Ginger Crosby Zuravel, Attorney, who represents the University for collections, and is located in Fayetteville, NC.
- Williams & Fudge, a nationally recognized collection agency specializing in student collections located in Rock Hill, SC.
- Collection Recovery Services, Inc., a collection agency located in Glen Mills, PA.
Immediate Credit Recovery, This collections agency is used for "second
referrals", for those cases that have been returned by Ms. Zuravel,
W&F, or CRS as being uncollectible.
collection process, the Collections Manager will proceed with the best
interest of the University as the foremost objective. Dealings with
delinquent students will be done in a fair manner with an emphasis on
collecting the debt owed while showing patience and compassion to
students where warranted.
If you have any questions about a past due balance with the University of Mount Olive, please email Amanda Holland at email@example.com.